A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Toad in the hole



I have always wondered what toad in the hole would taste like. This traditional English dish combines sausages and Yorkshire pudding, which I really want to try as well. 

However, the cooking process of Yorkshire puddings seems a bit messy to me. I am worried about dripping the batter everywhere and burning myself with the heated tin. 

When I saw the recipe for toad in the hole, I knew I had to try it. It is hassle free and no heating needed in the process. I also don't like the fat needed in the Yorkshire pudding to help it pop, and toad in the hole seems like a much healthier version. 

Believe it or not, all you need is eggs (I used two), some flour and water! Mix everything together, lay the sausages in the baking dish, and pour the mixture over it. Bake until the egg has risen and became golden. I used cheese kabana, which was divine with the cheese oozing out. 

The dish turned out really well, and the texture is like a crispy pudding! Crispy on the outside, with a moist and melt in your mouth interior. It accompanies the savoury sausages well, we had it with lasagna, yum! Simple to make, yet so impressive! Should be eaten fresh and hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment