A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Sunday, October 14, 2012

La Dolce VIta (updated 25/12/12)







I write this post with absolute love and adoration (not any more, please read on); this place makes my favourite Tiramisu. After going on and on about how good it is, husband and I finally pay La Dolce Vita a visit. It is rare for us to have desserts as we both prefer mains over desserts and I am not a sweet tooth. Of course, this tiramisu is an exception. 



Tiramisu AUD 9.90

Having tried La Dolce Vita's main meals before, recalling the pizza had a biscuit like crunch with no chew to the base, which I did not like and the pasta was not outstanding; I always had in mind to just come back for the tiramisu. 

The tiramisu is just as good as I remembered, the perfect balance of mascarpone creaminess and coffee liqueur sponge fingers. The flavours bursted in my mouth and it was not too sweet at all! The side vanilla gelato I added was to die for! The chocolate laden patterns on the plate was delightful to look at and eat too! We both enjoyed it so much and nearly went for a second serve! 

The overall price was something like AUD 13 for one tiramisu with vanilla gelato, so the single vanilla gelato was about AUD 3. Well-worth the money, I say! 

 

Revisted on 22/12/12
Sadly, after my recent visit, I have to say the Tiramisu has gone downhill. There is no longer a dessert menu available, and the selections were displayed in the glass window. I noted there were a few different gelato flavours.

The Tiramisu no longer looks or tastes the same! The cream was a normal whipped cream and not the mascarpone cheese! The sponge finger was replaced by dry sponge. This, can only be called a piece of dry sponge cake layered with cream, not Tiramisu! What's going on?


We also tried some cheese cake, which was nothing special and the base was soggy and no buttery crunchy goodness at all.



Such a disappointment, I won't be returning again.



La Dolce Vita Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment