A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Macdonald NYC Benedict bagel and bagel talks


I am a bagel lover. I love the shiny exterior, chewy texture and the sweetness from the flour. Back in uni days, I thought the bakery in the St Lucia UQ campus was quite good. At that time it was AUD 2 for a plain bagel. Of course, I'm sure the price would have risen by now. I bought my last bagel on the last day of uni, knowing it will be rare I would come back for it. 

The other day during my quest/cravings for bagels, I came across Bagel Boys, which has a stall in Jan Powers Farmers Markets on Queen Street. Their website drew my attention and I was determined to go. Excitedly I rushed there after work, made it there at about 5.30pm and they close at 6pm. When I found the stall they were packing up already! Exasperated, I asked if there were any bagels left? The reply was they were all sold out! So I am yet to try out the Bagel Boys. 

I remembered having the Macdonald breakfast bagel during my trip in New Zealand. At that time the Macdonald here did not serve breakfast bagel. Not long ago I discovered the same breakfast bagel on the breakfast menu and I was totally thrilled. I've had it a few times, it is always good. The rasher bacon, egg and creamy Hollandaise sauce, and the lightly toasted bagel never failed me. 



So, that's where I've been getting my bagels from these days. At about AUD 4-5, I think it's a little bit pricey but it tastes good and is easy to get! 

Of course, they are always gone before I can snap a picture. Click the star for more details. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment