A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sleepless in Brisbane... Dominos


Don't know why but I tend to sleep better during the weekdays than weekends. It's becoming a torture to wake up before the chickens do and lie in bed not knowing what to do, to get up or not to get up


I can only explain this as weekend frenzy, as there are so many things I want to do and my brain is probably frantically calculating how I can most efficiently stuff everything into these two precious days.

Today was no exception. I woke up at 3.20am. Knowing I will be exhausted and will probably need to have a nap later in the day; I got up to share about my Domino's experience. 

Funnily, my experience with Domino's is poor as my family prefers Pizza Hut. We love the stuffed crust, but are often disappointed by the minute amount of cheese stuffed. Husband and I decided to give Domino's a try, as he is horrified that I've only had it once or twice. 

I was amazed at the variety of different bases available and wanted to try them all! After choosing the base and having chicken the pizzas can get quite expensive! It's not a cheap takeaway meal at all! But again, pizza chain prices have risen incredibly over the years and I have substituted fast-food chains with gourmet pizza in restaurants as there are often not too much differences in price! 

We ordered two large pizzas: 
Creamy chicken and cherry tomato on "cheese burst" and BBQ meat lovers with "the edge" bases. They round up to over AUD 30 something and I was horrified at how pricey they are again! 

Now the review: 
Creamy chicken and cherry tomato on "cheese burst"

This is the first time I've tried white sauce on pizza. The base of cheese burst is a thinner one, yet not crispy thin like La Via or Schonell's. It has a chew to it, which I liked. The Cheese burst mixed well with the creamy chicken, every bite result in cheesy chicken with sweet tartness from cherry tomato, all on a comfortable chewy pizza base. The edge of the pizza is more golden and very crispy! I love this combination as I love cheese and chewy foods! Will always get this one from now on. 

BBQ meat lovers with "the edge"
This one is for those that like a fluffy, bread like pizza base. The edge is an interesting combination of textures, fluffy, thick base with a crispy, cheese sprinkled edge! Hence the edge! The crispiness is from the slightly burnt sprinkled parmesan cheese and tasted great! I don't usually go for BBQ as I hate the sickening sweet ones. This BBQ meat is not sickening sweet at all and is very tasty! I was impressed. 



Overall, my experience with Domino's was great and I will be back for more pizzas! 

Domino's Pizza Sunnybank on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment