A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Dinner at Avanti

I have been to Avanti quite a while ago. It is located quite far from my usual vicinity. However, I have remembered the food was awesome and servings huge so this week I decided to relive my memory.


They used to have the eggplant parmigiana as the entree. However, it has been taken off the menu since. It was by far the best eggplant parmigiana I have ever tasted! When I wrote an email to enquire, I was informed that it is off the menu but they still do it! You just have to ask! I was thrilled as I have been craving for a good eggplant parmigiana for a long time. I have tried a few places such as Gino's and Portofino, but they were all dunk in tomato sauce and no where like Avanti's.


They have a special of $1 per oyster! So happily, we ordered six. The oysters were small, but sweet. My eggplant parmigiana was just as good as I had remembered! Beautifully layered with cheese, pesto and tomato sauce. At $14.95 you get two towers of eggplant. Bargain!


We had sandcrab lasagna and lamb risotto as the mains from the specials menu. I thoroughly enjoyed the lasagna. I could taste the sandcrab and the sauce was more tomato based then creamy. The serving was big and I was very full and satisfied.




The lamb risotto was tomato based as well, which I prefer more than white sauce as the latter can be a bit too rich. The lamb was tender and the rice was well flavoured. I was very satisfied with everything I have ordered today!

 
 

Avanti Cafe & Pasta on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment