A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Monday, November 05, 2012

Quick review on Moray Cafe

This is a quick review on the wonderful meal I had with friends. There were a few of us so a fair amount of dishes were trialled. Unfortunately there are no pictures with this post. 

I have been to the Moray Cafe once before. On that occasion I sampled Chicken Parmagiana and Steak. I especially remembered how good the Chicken Parmagiana was and really wanted to have it again since the one from Gino did not satisfy me. The prices on the website are out of date! Everything is a couple of dollars more expensive now! This is misleading and should be amended! Also, the online reservation and contact forms do not work! I have tried a few times and it simply won't send! 



Reservation is probably not necessary. As I went on a Saturday night and there was no one but us. When I left I spotted one or two tables outside. But other than that, it was a quiet night and the service was attentive. Now, back to the food. 

We ordered some Tapas to share, they were all AUD 10. 
Duo of Dips served with turkish toast
There were two dips, one yellow and the other green (I think?) I tried the yellow one and it was herby and delicious. The turkish bread tasted just like a normal turkish bread.  

Grilled Haloumi served with salsa verde
Thinly cut haloumi tasted like haloumi everywhere, and I didn't try the salsa verde. 

Corn Fritters served with tomato relish & herbed sour cream
This one was absolutely delicious! The most outstanding Tapas! The corn fritters were thickly cut and deep fried to achieve this amazing crunchiness. Even after it is cold it maintained the crunchiness! The texture was smooth with a tint of corn sweetness and lovely to eat on their own. The herbed sour cream was amazing and accentuated those lovely fritters.

Now onto the mains, I ordered:
Chicken Parmagiana served with chips & salad 
From memory I think this one is about AUD 21 or 22 now. The parma is a good size with the tomato relish and cheese. I changed the chips to corn fritters and I still can't get enough of it. The salad was light and fresh with some special Sauerkraut bits in there, providing that tinge of sourness which I liked. 

I think the corn fritters must be their specialty as most of the mains were accompanied by them. This is a nice change to the usual accompaniment of chips/potatoes. 

The husband had:
Roast Pumpkin Gnocci served with tomato nappoli sauce, ricotta & Conchiglie Pasta filled with roast mushroom & goats curd served with semi dried tomato & rose sauce
This one is just alright for me. The pumpkin gnocci were very soft and the napoli sauce slightly spicy. The ricotta was lovely to eat and melted in my mouth. There were some bits of spicy sausages as well. I was very confused with this dish description. I don't know if this is a typo or meant to be two separate dishes as I only perceived the roast pumpkin gnocci, tomato nappoli, ricotta. I couldn't detect Conchiglie Pasta filled with roast mushroom & goats curd served with semi dried tomato & rose sauce???

Overall, I'd give my thumbs up for the corn fritters and chicken parma! 


Moray Cafe on Urbanspoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment