A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter Saturday Dinner at Breakfast Creek Hotel

 
Let's talk about steak!!!
 

We booked a table at the Spanish Garden at the Breakfast Creek Hotel. From previous browsing of the menu, the Eye fillet and Lobster mornay combo meal for AUD 62 caught my eye.

However, being quite hungry that night the description of petite eye fillet made me worried. I wanted a big hearty piece of steak that I can bite into with fierce and passion as I am a meat lover. In the end I chose the Rib eye on the bone AUD 41, a favourite of mine that the husband introduced me to. After I ordered my staple mushroom sauce, potato, caesar salad, I immediately regretted about ordering medium for my steak. I always order medium rare, it's been too long since I've had steak I've forgotten! Husband told me not to be a nuisance and just stick to my medium steak. This is the biggest regret of my night!

We waited for over half an hour for our steaks to come. Apparently, the restaurant was totally booked out. When we were on the verge of dying from hunger and considering to get an entree to share first, our complementary breads arrived!


They were soft, fluffy and delicious with the butter spread. They filled my tummy and I immediately regained consciousness. Rather similar to Norman Hotel's bread.



 
 
My steak was cooked perfectly, spot on medium with a hint of pinkness. The mushroom sauce was delicious, the caesar salad was simple and lacked in sauce. The potato was soft and bacon salty, nothing special about it. However, medium was a bit too cooked for me, it's my fault for ordering medium. Must remember medium rare next time, otherwise it was a wonderful piece of steak.
 

 
 
 I can't remember what the husband ordered; he claimed my piece of meat is higher grade than his. He ordered medium rare so whatever meat it was, it was softer and more tender than mine!


 
We enjoyed our steaks. We thought the service was a bit slow. I still think Morrison is number one in my heart.
 
 
Let's Talk about steak!!!
 
In my biased and humble opinion, I look at a good steak in five components, how well the steak is cooked, extra bonus for garlic bread and caesar salad if they are on offer, the mushroom sauce and how good the potato/chips are!!! Here is a quick review of the ones I can think of on top of my head.
 
Breakfast Creek Hotel
 
Meat: cooked well
Bread: plain white bread with butter
Salad: normal caesar salad
Sauce: good mushroom sauce
Side: normal Idaho potato


Breakfast Creek Hotel on Urbanspoon




Morrison Hotel




Meat: cooked well
Bread: crunchy garlic bread
Salad: good caesar salad
Sauce: good mushroom sauce
Side: Awesome cheesy baked potato!!!!
 
Morrison Hotel on Urbanspoon




The Norman Hotel




Meat: cooked well
Bread: plain white bread
Salad: good garden salad
Sauce: good mushroom sauce
Side: Awesome Idaho potato!!!


The Norman Hotel on Urbanspoon






The Glen Restaurant

Meat: cooked well with fewer selection of meats
Bread: No bread from memory
Salad: normal caesar salad
Sauce: good mushroom sauce
Side: Awesome beer battered chips!!!
 
The Glen Restaurant on Urbanspoon



Runcorn Tavern
Meat: cooked well
Bread: Buffet bread rolls!!!
Salad: Buffet salad bar!!!
Sauce: good mushroom sauce
Side: Buffet salad bar!!!


Runcorn Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment