A place to share about my love for food, cooking and Brisbane life bits.

365 days

Monday, October 01, 2012

Dinner at iThai

MUST HAVE iThai grilled chicken

Originally we were going to Rosa Mexicano in Rosalie for dinner. However, after the husband fatefully left the entertainment book at home we were left with a change of plan. 

So it was up to me to come up with something awesome, which is not in the entertainment book, otherwise I'd feel ripped-off if I eat at a place that I've got a voucher for. 


iThai grilled chicken AUD 14.90
I've been craving for Thai food for a while. After the unsatisfying meal at Siam Samrarn Thai Cafe, I've been left hanging. So we decided on iThai, for some fragrant sweet coconut rice and curry! I've been to iThai a few times and already have a few favorites, so we always ended up ordering the same things and not trying something new and exciting. 

We got our usual favourite, grilled curry chicken. The chicken was awesome! It has a crunchy exterior that I love and bursting with curry flavour. The clear red sauce that came with it was sour and sweet, a flavour I could not describe but characteristically of Thai cuisine. 


Tempura seafood combo curry AUD 17.9
Next, we decided to try something new instead of the usual green curry/pad thai etc. We chose a seafood dry curry; the seafood was suppose to come battered, but we asked them not to deep fry it.  

There were an array of goodies in there, fish cakes,
squid, prawns, shallots and some deep fried noodles. The taste is quite spicy to me as I'm not much of a spicy girl. It was flavoursome and I thought it was rather like a dry version of laksa, which I enjoyed. 

All these went down well with our big bowl of coconut rice. The price is reasonable, and service prompt, and I'd be back again and again for my pad thai and currys next time!

Large coconut rice AUD 4.5

Madam Recommends: iThai grilled chicken, coconut rice 

iThai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment